7.16.2009

Twenty Two:

I spent the rest of the night either sitting in front of the bar downing shot after shot, or on the dance floor dancing with any random cute guy I noticed. As for Jon’s whereabouts? I could have cared less. I was focused on me, and what I needed to do to have fun. And as for how I got home? Yeah, your guess is as good as mine.

I woke up the next morning the most hung over I had been in a long time. I glanced around at my surroundings. I was in my own room, fully clothed, and alone. Relief automatically rushed through me as I hopped out of bed and slowly made my way downstairs. My brother was sitting on the couch, Lailya on his right, and Jon on his left. They all glanced over at me as I made my way into the kitchen.

As I was grabbing a water bottle out of the fridge, I heard someone clear their throat loudly. I reluctantly shut the fridge and saw Lailya standing there. “Is there something you need?” I asked, somewhat rudely.

She looked taken aback, “I heard what happened last night.”

“Yeah, and…?”

“I’m sorry that I was all over your boyfriend, I was seriously so wasted I don’t even remember doing any of that at all. Honestly, I wouldn’t do that to you, you know me… I’m not like that at all.”

“I know, I know,” I sighed, “I’m sorry.”

“No, don’t be sorry. If anything I should be sorry, and I am. I would react the same way if I saw anyone all over my boyfriend too.”

“Okay,” I said with a slight laugh, “I forgive you.”

“Alright good.”

After a quick hug, I followed her out into the living room. “Actually,” she said, “I should get going. But I’ll be back later, `cuz I guess some of the Hawks are coming over.”

“Alright, see you later,” I said as I watched her walk to the front door and close it behind her.

I sat down on the couch where Lailya was previously sitting. “So, how exactly did I get home last night?”

“Well after threatening to beat Jon’s ass for about fifteen minutes, we finally calmed you down and drove you home.” My brother replied with an amused look on his face.

“Oh…” I replied simply. “Well, I need a shower… so I’m going to go do that…” I said. Feeling the awkward tension rising.

My brother nodded as I stood up and made my way upstairs and into my bedroom. I began looking through my closet for an outfit and as I was searching through the racks of clothes I heard my bedroom door slowly open. I glanced out of the doorway and saw Jon walking in. He shut the door behind him and immediately noticed me staring at him from the closet.

“Um, hey,” he said awkwardly as he rubbed the back of his neck.

I rolled my eyes and continued looking through my clothes.

“So, you’re going to ignore me now?”

I shot him another glance as I picked up a pair of dark wash skinny legged jeans.

“Please talk to me,” he pleaded.

I quickly grabbed my low-cut deep purple sweater, walked out of my closet and stood in front of him. “What do you want me to say to you? Because if you want me to tell you what’s on my mind, you’re not going like what I have to say.”

“Cole, how many times do I have to tell you? I don’t want her, I want you. I love you. You know that.”

“Do I?”

“Yes.”

I rolled my eyes once again and made my way into the bathroom to take a shower. Right as I undressed myself, turned on the lukewarm water, and stepped in I heard the door click open.

I stuck my head out of the shower curtain and watched as Jon shut the door behind him and began peeling off his clothes.

“What the fuck are you doing?” I asked with annoyance.

He didn’t reply as he pulled back the shower curtain and stepped in. He grabbed me by the waist and pulled me into him. “Babe, seriously… I love you.”

“Jon, this is two times in a row that I have seen you in public being all over other girls when I’m sitting right there watching you.”

“Oh, so you flirting and hugging all over Jonathan Ericsson is okay? Or how about that Brent douche bag?”

I couldn’t even think of what to say.

After a couple of minutes, he spoke up, “now, listen to me, Cole. I am sorry, I am. I honestly don’t know what else I can do to prove to you that I am sorry.”

I looked up at him, waiting for my voice to somehow come back to me, and when I couldn’t wait anymore, I leaned up and kissed him.

“You better not pull anything like that again, you got that?”

“Yes ma’am.”

Soon after, we both stepped out of the shower and readied ourselves for the get together that was taking place.

After a couple hours, I was completely ready. I headed downstairs and prepared myself some dinner. And after eating, I headed into the living room to watch TV with Jon and Patrick as we waited for the boys and Lailya to come over.

“Anyone want a beer?” I asked as I stood up.

“You really think that’s a good idea after last night?” Patrick asked with a laugh.

“Okay, a couple of beers isn’t gonna hurt me, Dad.” I joked. “So do you want one or not?”

“Yeah I’ll take one,” he replied with an eye roll.

“Me too,” Jon added.

I made my way into the kitchen, and quickly came back and handed the men their beers. A knock sounded at the door and I hopped up to answer it. It was Kris Versteeg who was with Brent Sopel.

“Hey guys!” I greeted them, throwing my arms around each of their shoulders.

“Hey,” Kris greeted while wrapping his arm around my waist.

“Hey Cole. You look great,” Brent also greeted me.

“Thanks,” I replied. “Well, come in.”

As the night went on, the guys slowly started filing in. I walked around, talking to various people, and then I headed into the kitchen to grab another beer. Standing there was Lailya.

“Hey, I didn’t even know you were here,” I said as I grabbed a beer out of the fridge. “Want one?” I asked, motioning to the beer that was in my hand.

“Oh hey. Yeah I was looking for you because I just got here. And yes, I’d love one.”

I handed her the one that was in my hand and grabbed another one out of the fridge and we both headed into the living room.

“Hey who’s that Blondie in the corner? He’s really cute,” she whispered in my ear as we both took a seat on the couch.

“Oh that’s Kris Versteeg. I should soo hook you two up,” I replied with a smirk on my face. I stood up from the couch and she grabbed my hand.

“Where are you going?” She asked me.

“To do my business,” I replied simply.

“Well what am I supposed to do?”

“I don’t know… go talk to Jon or Patty or something.”

“Alright,” she replied with a nervous laugh, “just don’t embarrass me.”

“Now why would I do that?” I asked as I shook my head and headed over to Kris.

“Cole, what’s happening?” He asked as I walked up to him.

“Not much Krissy, how about you?”

“Not shit.”

“Hey, you see that girl over there with the black hair?”

“Yes,” he replied.

“Do you think she’s hot?”

“Um, yeah… I guess so…” he said with a laugh, “Why?”

“Because she thinks you’re hot and wants you to go talk to her… but this convo is just between me and you, you got that?” I asked with a wink.

“Got it,” he replied.

“Go get `em tiger,” I said as I pushed him in her direction and patted his ass for encouragement.

Feeling quite accomplished, I plopped down on the couch and noticed that Jon’s phone was sitting on the table. I picked it up and looked around the room for him so I could give it to him, as it began vibrating in my hand. I looked down at the screen.

New Text Message

From: Lailya

5 comments:

  1. YAY! ANOTHER NEW CHAPTER. Today is totally my day :)

    He is such a freaking sweety in this story... I really want to know what that screen says!

    PLEASE UPDATE SOON!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh, i love this story! update soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check out the new "Unlikely Cure" updates! Read and review, please. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. when are you going to update?

    ReplyDelete