10.06.2009

Twenty Three:

yayyyy finally a new update guys:D

My jaw dropped. I couldn’t believe my eyes. I opened the text message.

Jonny, this party is a little lame, maybe we should ditch (;

Furious, I stomped into the kitchen where I was sure I would find Jon. As soon as I entered, I angrily sauntered over to him and tossed his phone into his hand. “You have a message from your girl.” I said coldly before turning on my heel and making my way through the living room and then out the front door.

As soon as I slammed the door behind me I began to shiver as the cold Chicago air nipped at my exposed skin, making me instantly regret that I didn’t grab a coat on my way out. I started down the sidewalk of my neighborhood and eventually found myself Downtown. Looking around at the many buildings and streetlights that were alight, I began to do some thinking. Jon being the main focus. But soon enough, I was pulled out of my trance when my phone began obnoxiously ringing in my pocket. I grabbed it out, looked at the caller-id, and immediately ignored it when I read Jon on the screen. He was the last person I wanted to talk to at the moment and I could practically guarantee that anything he had to say wasn’t going to make me feel better.

As I continued wandering aimlessly down the sidewalk, my phones annoying vibrations became no big deal to me. I didn’t want to talk to, or see anyone for that matter. I just wanted to be alone. I looked over and noticed a bench that looked quite appealing so I walked over and plopped down on it. Pulling out my phone, I noticed 20 missed calls and 9 unread texts. In all honesty I didn’t even care who they were from. I exited out of the screen and looked at the time. 12:54 was illuminate on my phone. I hadn’t realized it had gotten so late. That’s when I reluctantly decided to head home.

I headed up my now almost vacant driveway, aside from a car or two and then made my way through the front door. I stepped inside and quietly made my way upstairs into my bedroom. Once I shut my door behind me, I walked over to my dresser, changed into pajamas, and crawled into bed. I closed my eyes, hoping the fatigue would come to me, but to my dismay, it didn’t. Curiosity took the best of me, so I grabbed my phone off my bedside table and decided to look through my missed calls and unread texts.

Almost every single one was from Jon, but there were a few missed calls from my brother and one from Lailya.

That bitch had a lot of nerve calling me.

I placed my phone back on my bedside table and turned over on my other side once again hoping that I would somehow get tired.

Once I gave up on the idea of sleep, I quietly tiptoed downstairs and sat on the couch. I turned on the TV and browsed through the guide a good two or three times before it finally hit me that nothing good was on at 5:30 AM.

I turned off the TV and looked out the window, all reality hitting me. My boyfriend that I had done everything to keep was beginning to start a ‘thing’ with one of my best friends… and to be completely honest, I had no idea who I was more disgusted with.

I decided to head upstairs and hop in the shower, to start my day early. Once I was out, I threw on some clothes and headed out to my car. I was going to begin searching for a job to save up some money. Because getting out of Chicago was now becoming my first priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment