4.10.2010

Twenty Five:

NEW UPDATEEE:

A couple hours later, as I was standing at the bar with Sharpie and Burish, my brother slowly made his way through the crowds of people and over to us.

“Cole, I’m about to head out. Are you coming with me?”

I sighed and looked from my brother to Sharpie. Although I wasn’t ready to leave yet, I could tell that my brother had something he wanted to talk about, so I decided I would just go home with him. “Yeah hold on, let me go grab my coat.”
He nodded and followed me as I went over to the coat check. After grabbing my belongings, I followed him out into the parking lot, and finally to his car. We both hopped in, and for the most part, the car ride was silent, aside from the music playing softly in the background. He then looked over to me, sympathy in his eyes. “Look sis, I know you’re having a tough time right now… but you have to understand that Jon is my teammate, my best friend, and my captain. He’s basically unavoidable…” he paused and once again looked my way, “and not to sound like ‘oh I told you so,’ but I know that guy like the back of my hand. I know what he does to girls, and as much as I didn’t want to see it happen, he did it to you too. I’m not saying this to hurt your feelings, I am just warning you that Jon will still be around… a lot. Yes, I know it’s going to be hard, but life is hard, sis. And I just want you to get over him, you deserve better than that, and I can’t stand seeing you upset anymore.”

I looked over at my brother. I honestly was speechless; I didn’t know what to say because I knew that he was right. I needed to get over Jon, I couldn’t let myself mope over him anymore. With a nod I finally said “I know.”

We pulled into the driveway and hopped out of the car. I followed Patrick to the door and we went inside. I slid out of my shoes and just as I was about to head upstairs, he grabbed me by the arm. “I really am sorry, Cole. I just want you to know that I am always here for you.”

“Thanks Pat, that means a lot.” I replied genuinely. I then made my way into my room, the fatigue hitting me like a freight train. I undressed myself, throwing shorts and a tank top on, and as soon as my head hit the pillow, I was out.

The next morning I woke up. I checked my phone for the time, 9:26 AM. Underneath the time, I had a notification: One New Message. I clicked on it.

Cole, its Lailya. Look, I know you hate me. I am sorry for everything. I really am, I didn’t do this to hurt you. I can’t help that me and Jon have a connection, and believe me; if I could do something to earn your forgiveness I would do it in a heartbeat. I just want to let you know that, once again I am so, so sorry.

I honestly didn’t even know what to do. Should I reply? Should I just ignore it? Should I forgive her? So many questions were running through my mind, and before I knew it, I clicked reply.

Well, I don’t even know what to say to you honestly. I really just can’t believe you would do that to me. Maybe I can forgive you in the future, but all I know is it won’t be anytime soon. Karma is a bitch, just remember that.

I then sat my phone down on my bedside table and headed downstairs. My brother was in the middle of cooking breakfast. “Good morning Sunshine.” He said with a laugh and a smile on his face.

“Good morning Patty.” I replied and took a seat at the kitchen table. “Whatcha making?”

“Bacon and eggs.”

“Mmm sounds good.”

“Good thing I made a little extra then,” he replied with a grin.
I smiled and waited as he piled a plate with food and walked it over to me. He placed it in front of me, and I immediately began digging in. it was absolutely amazing. He headed back over to the food and piled his plate as well. He then sat next to me and we both began eating in silence. In the middle of our meal, I heard the front door open. I looked at Patrick confused as he looked to the doorway.

Standing there was Jon.

5 comments:

  1. ahhh yay!!!! an update!!! haha :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i know guys, sorry its been forever... literally... ive just been sooooo busy

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is really good. i hope you update as soon as you can!

    ReplyDelete